Singing songs and rhymes benefits children's development, particularly their speech and language.
- It helps build vocabulary and teaches how language is constructed
- It develops attention and listening skills
- It is active and fun, developing co-ordination, rhythm and movement
- It develops confidence and social skills
- It promotes positive interactions and helps children and parents communicate
Signing is a development of babies natural use of gesture.
- It gives the pre-verbal child a means of communication, therefore reducing frustration and tantrums
- It promotes responsive interaction between adult and child, improving joint attention and eye contact
- It can be beneficial for children of bilingual families
EXPERTS AGREE THAT PARENT/CARERS INTERACTING AND HAVING FUN WITH THEIR CHILDREN HAS A POSITIVE EFFECT ON THE CHILD'S DEVELOPMENT